Guidelines for Validation of Educational Qualification /Pass Certificate /Result-cum marks Statements of Candidates for Their Appearance in Company Secretaries Examinations by the Employers /Organisations/Employment/Or Placement Agencies. (As approved by the Examination Committee in its 175th meeting held on 27 – 29 October 2017) (To be implemented w.e.f. 1st March 2018)Source: ICSI
The Prescribed application form for validation of Educational Qualification/Pass Certificate/Result-cum-Marks Statement of candidates can be downloaded from the URL given below: https://www.icsi.edu/WebModules/Application_Form_Validation_of_Certificates.pdf
- Objective 1.1 These guidelines are aimed at allowing validation of educational qualification/pass certificate/result-cum-marks statements of candidates in respect of their appearances in Company Secretaries Examinations to Government Bodies, Employers, Universities, Boards, Academic or Professional or Educational Institutions/Institutes, Foreign Universities, Employment/or Placement Agencies or any other eligible organization or body in the course of employment, training, apprentice, education or vocation as permitted by the administering authority.
- Title 2.1 The guidelines shall be called “Guideline for Validation of Educational Qualification/Pass Certificate/Result-cum-Marks Statements of Candidates for their Appearance in Company Secretaries Examinations by the Employers/ Organizations/Employment Agencies.
- Date of Commencement 3.1 These Guidelines shall come into force from 1st March 2018.
- Administring Authority 4.1 The Examination Committee of the Council shall be the administering authority competent to add, delete, modify, amend, relax, revoke or repeal any of these guidelines and to make such changes in these guidelines as the circumstances warrant from time to time. The decision of the Examination Committee on all matters pertaining to validation of educational qualification/pass certificate/result-cum marks statements by the Institute shall be final and binding on all concerned.
- Eligible Organisation 5.1 Any organisation or employer requiring validation of educational qualification/pass certificate/result-cum-marks statements of candidates in respect of their appearances in Company Secretaries Examinations from the Institute in the course of employment, training, apprentice, education or vocation or any other person or organisation or class of organisations or employer or class of employers as permitted by the administering authority.
- Procedure 6.1 Intending organizations/employers are required to send their application on its/their letterhead or letter mast in the prescribed format along with requisite documents and the prescribed fee. 6.2 Complete applications in all respect shall be sent to The Secretary, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, ICSI House, C -37, Sector 62, Institutional Area, Noida – 201 309 through speed post/courier.
- Fee 7.1 Prescribed fee for seeking validation of educational qualification/pass certificate/result-cum-marks statements is Rs.500 (Rupees Five Hundred only) plus taxes if any (presently taxes @18%) per application for each candidate. 7.2 Prescribed fee is payable by way of Demand Draft favoring ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India” payable at New Delhi. 7.3 No fee is payable by the Government Institutions/Central Government/ State Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies/Statutory Bodies. The Administering Authority may exempt the payment of a prescribed fee to any person or organization or class of organizations or employer or class of employers as it may deem fit.
- Requisite Documents 8.1 Every applicant organization seeking validation of educational qualification/pass certificate/result-cum-marks statements under these Guidelines shall submit to the Institute:
- Application on the Letter Head of the Organisation, duly signed by the authorized person with designation, date and Seal/Rubber Stamp in the format as prescribed in these Guidelines;
- Photocopy of educational qualification/ result-cum-marks statements of the candidate in respect of all his/her appearances in the Company Secretaries Examinations, duly forwarded by the applying Organisations;
- Demand Draft for prescribed fee favoring ‘’The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’’ payable at New Delhi.
- General Conditions
- Applications complete in all respect and received in prescribed manner shall only be entertained by the Institute and incomplete applications shall be summarily rejected.
- Validation certificate issued by the Institute for any candidate shall be maintained as “Confidential Information” and the same shall not be used or parted with anyone else for any other purpose than as specially mentioned in the application by the applicant organizations/employers. A declaration to this effect shall be provided by the organization seeking the verification of documents.
- Institute reserves its right to reject any request without citing any reason.
- Recipient organizations/employers shall be liable for indemnifying the Institute apart from any other legal/disciplinary action under any other law for the time being in force for any unauthorized use or misuse of validation certificate on their part.
- Institute shall not be responsible for non-receipt of fee/application for validation or delay in despatch of the certificate on or any other matter in this regard.